Human Growth Hormone is one of the primary anabolic hormones in the human body. If you’re a bodybuilder or athlete, you should get excited just thinking about the possibilities. Why? For starters, it means more lean muscle! On the other hand, if you’re looking for anti-aging solutions, the term “anabolic” might be a little scary. There’s no reason to be concerned because the term “anabolic” merely refers to the positive phases of metabolism. The question of how to increase HGH naturally simply means you’re attempting to stimulate increased HGH production, no matter what your goals are. The truth is, there are quite a few things you can do to get the most out of your body’s HGH production. In this article, we will look at the most effective ways to increase HGH naturally.
Before we begin, let’s review what HGH is:
- HGH is a protein hormone consisting of 191 amino acids
- HGH is produced and secreted by the anterior pituitary gland
- HGH is secreted every 3-5 hours. As much as 70% of the day’s concentration is secreted at night from 11 pm to 2 am
- HGH attaches to receptors on the surface of liver cells, this stimulates them to release IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor-1). IGF-1 is a protein hormone that’s similar in structure to insulin and is responsible for many of the effects of HGH
Fasting is an important component of natural HGH release because research has suggested that it can increase natural HGH levels significantly. The research utilizes extended fast protocols, in real life that is not going to work for many users. For this reason, intermittent fasting is a good compromise.
Intermittent fasting is a newer dietary trend designed to support fat loss by limiting your eating to a predetermined time, say, 8 hours out of an entire day. Then, you spend the rest of the day (16 hours) fasting. You can choose the times you want to eat and fast, for example, you might eat from 8 am to 4 pm, and fast the rest of the time. (1)
If you are overweight and want to get the most out of natural HGH stimulation, it’s a good idea to lose excess fat and get as lean as you can. (9) The good news is, HGH helps burn body fat. Still, if you have a lot to lose, a diet and cardio program that supports fat loss is a must if you want optimal natural HGH release.
As far as how to increase HGH naturally, another factor is resistance exercise. When it comes to training, it’s important to base your routine on compound exercises. The reason is that they stress the largest areas of the body by working several muscle groups at the same time. Also, the use of short rest periods between sets will help increase the intensity, another consideration for HGH release. Between set rest periods should be 60-120 seconds, with a greater amount of GH release with 60 seconds. The shorter rest period may mean adjusting your loads so you can still hit your goal number of sets and reps.
HGH levels start to increase after 20 minutes of training, so it makes sense to plan on spending about an hour to an hour and a half training. Using shorter rest periods, you should be able to get your workout quickly, there’s not any reason to spend hours in the gym. As far as rep and set totals, use a 3 or 4-day split routine since it seems that 3-5 sets per exercise, 20-25 total sets per session, and reps in the 8-12 range are the best for optimal hormonal stimulation. (1,2,3)
How to increase HGH naturally also includes cardio. When you perform cardio, be sure to include a morning session on an empty stomach. HGH will be naturally high at this time. You may wonder about exercising in a potentially catabolic state so it’s a good idea to consume a small protein shake before you do your cardio. Protein intake is important to promote an anabolic state and it won’t negatively impact HGH levels.
As we have seen, as much as 70% of the daily secretions of HGH happen at night. This suggests getting a good night’s sleep for maximum HGH benefit since research indicates that poor sleep negatively affects HGH release. (4,5) HGH secretions are related to the body’s sleep/wake cycles, so supplements that can help sleep are a good idea (we will take a closer look at supplements soon). There are other things you can do to promote a good night’s sleep. For starters, maintaining a consistent sleep schedule will help. This means you should try to go to bed at the same time every night. Also, keep your room sleep-friendly by keeping it dark. This can help you fall asleep and stay asleep more easily. Finally, feel free to take a nap during the day as your schedule allows.
Supplements That Increase HGH
As far as how to increase HGH naturally, supplements are frequently used. This creates a comprehensive approach to natural HGH stimulation. HGH Boosters, as they are often referred to, can approach HGH stimulation through different pathways. One of the primary mechanisms of action is improved sleep quality. This makes sense because the body secretes 70% of its HGH at night while we sleep.
Several natural supplements have a positive effect on GH release. These include:
- Melatonin – This ingredient has a dual effect on HGH, first, it improves the quality of sleep, indirectly supporting HGH release. Additionally, research has shown that it can directly impact HGH release. (6)
- GABA – Like melatonin, GABA can stimulate HGH indirectly by helping the body relax and fall asleep easier.
- Arginine/Ornithine – This combo caused the supplement industry a lot of trouble with the FDA. It was the outlandish claims being made by these products that originally caught the FDA’s attention. Currently, arginine has a reputation for stimulating nitric oxide production, but it’s still thought that arginine can stimulate HGH release. Ornithine has also been shown in some studies to stimulate HGH release, but it appears to take maximum dosages to elicit a response. (7)
- Mucuna Pruriens – Also known as Velvet Bean, this supplement is a source of L-dopa. The neurotransmitter dopamine is known to increase HGH production. L-dopa is a precursor for this neurotransmitter, therefore Mucuna helps stimulate HGH production.
The question of how to increase HGH naturally has several answers, all combining to create a comprehensive plan that will give you impressive results. However, you may still find that you want something more dramatic. If that’s the case, visit https://worldhgh.com/ to get the best prices, service, and quality on synthetic HGH. If you’re interested in reviewing the brands we have available, visit https://worldhgh.com/hgh-brands/. Better still, combine the tips presented here with any of our premium quality products and enjoy elevated HGH stimulation year round!
- Kerndt PR, Naughton JL, Driscoll CE, Loxterkamp DA. Fasting: the history, pathophysiology and complications. West J Med. 1982 Nov;137(5):379-99. PMID: 6758355; PMCID: PMC1274154.
- HormonalResponses and Adaptations to Resistance Exercise and Training, Prof. William J. Kraemer, Nicholas A. Ratamess
- Growth hormone responses during intermittent weight lifting exercise in men, W. P. Vanhelder, M. W. Radomski, R. C. Goode
- Effects Of Very Short Rest Periods On Hormonal Responses To Resistance Exercise In Men by Mohammad Ghaderi
- Clasey JL, Weltman A, Patrie J, Weltman JY, Pezzoli S, Bouchard C, Thorner MO, Hartman ML. Abdominal visceral fat and fasting insulin are important predictors of 24-hour GH release independent of age, gender, and other physiological factors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Aug;86(8):3845-52. doi: 10.1210/jcem.86.8.7731. PMID: 11502822.